We celebrated the fourth in Carlsbad at Nana and Papa's house with all the family. It was Carter's first introduction to a lot of the family and Nate and I just loved showing him off. In Carter's early days, he had a tendency of getting over stimulated easily in big crowds- hated not being a part of the party. Which just meant... no sleeping. And with no sleeping, came a few tears. Luckily everyone wanted a piece of the babe and we were able to pass him around and get him a few short breaks of shut eye.
After everyone left I drew myself a bubble bath in Nana's bathtub (this was a treat beyond treat that Nate and Barbara had me do frequently to get some me time in) and listened to the fireworks from our bedroom while Carter started his night sleeping. I can't wait to take little boy to see fireworks next year!!
Carter showing off his eye contact skills towards his Auntie





No comments:
Post a Comment