A couple of weeks ago Nate and I did the 8 hour road trip to Tucson, Arizona for Ray's wedding. When we were first debating between driving or flying I was pretty stuck on the idea of driving since google maps said the trip to Pheonix is only 5.5 hours and I love me a good road trip with Mr. Smith. The week of the trip it dawned on me the wedding was in Tucson not Pheonix and that added a solid extra two hours on the trip. Though with LA traffic and desert driving it was long, as expected the Mr and I had great non interrupted bonding time and it was a lot of fun.
Once in Tucson we got situated in our hotel (same place as my family was staying in) and hit the sack (1 or 2am- wayyy past our bedtimes). Saturday morning I was woken up with Easton climbing on my bed and my sisters standing there waiting for my reaction. THE best way to wake up.
The rest of the day followed suit... pure family/desert/wedding perfection. We went to the coolest museum in Tucson, all about their desert and caves. The whole thing was outdoors and through the natural terrain, it was really so cool. We hung out at the hotel, and of course attended Ray's and Nichole's wedding.
Their wedding was at a a beautiful home with a close group of family and friends. We had so much fun hanging with our family, dancing, taking photos and of eating. Ray had a smile from ear to ear all night, it was so fun to watch. I am so very happy and proud of the decisions he has made in his life and the great catch he found. They are bound to have a great life together. (PS- Ray is my uncle 6 years my elder. He has always been more like the big brother I never had.)
And now onto Calvin and Easton...
Oh my. I could not be more in love. Watching these two play with each other was better than Christmas morning filled with gifts. They were so excited to see each other every second of the day, and played and played and played. Calvin is hands down the sweetest 2 year old I have EVER met. Nate and I could not get over how kind of a boy he is and how in love with his cousin Easton he is. Easton was as always my bf. He loves his Aunt Haydee which works out so well for me, because he is just the best little friend I could ask for.
On top of that I got to spend time with my beautiful, perfect, best best of friends sisters Leslie and Gabriela (Hannah you were very missed), my incredible, hilarious and amazing brother in law Martin (Ryan you were very missed), my sweet, sweet parents and my fantastic grandparents. Lets just say... I was in heaven. All of them, mixed in with my incredibly amazing husband make me feel so happy, loved and comfortable.
It was a great weekend.
AZ BOUND
Parkman sitting VIP while we brave the traffic on what ended up being a 10 hour road trip.
HOTEL CHILLIN'
James! Les and Martin just added a new baby to their family... James. He was SO adorable and so much tinier than the photos portray.
TUCSON MUSEUM
THE WEDDING
Though they love their Aunt Yayo... Aunt BABO is where its really at.
Nicole won the bouquet toss.... Calvin the guarder toss. And so they had their dance to keep with tradition.
LA BOUND
Trying to teach Parker to stay seated in the back seat. He was not having it... we were not so pleased with him...
CONGRATULATIONS Ray & Nichole










No comments:
Post a Comment