Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baby Shower- Wisconsin

I am so so happy about the weekend I just had.  I was able to go home to Wisconsin (first time in 2 1/2 years) to spend time with my family and have my first ever baby shower.  The weekend was filled with love and support, I felt like a million dollars.

Mom, Hannah and Nanoo put on an absolutely perfect baby shower at Nanoo's house.  I was surrounded by amazing women that have watched me grow up, and we laughed, ate amazing food, and had a great time catching up.  The theme was antique babies, and everything was done to perfection.  I can't thank my sweet leading ladies enough for their time and effort, and will hold the memories close to my heart.
Mom, Tina, Nanoo and Hannah
 
Jessica- friends since high school
 
Sisters.  But turning into twins by the day.
 
GAMES
Played some really hilarious games.  Labor and Delivery Pictionary may be my new favorite game.  Impossible not to blush and is sure to produce laughing with tears.
 
 
Meanwhile.. the boys kept themselves busy in the Men's quarters...
 
The down time was also pure perfection.  I loved spending time with Mom and Dad and then the Franks (which means my boy Easton).  Easton of course completely stole my heart, and we were the best of friends all weekend.

I am insanely grateful for my family and only wished we lived closer. 
 Michaels... yummm!
 


The video version of this moment is fantastic.  Easton knew that I had had a party for my baby (which he LOVES) and wanted to participate in the gift giving.  So after church he went around his house and gathered things of his that he wanted to give to the baby.  He found wrapping paper, scissors and tape and carefully wrapped each gift and put them in a laundry basket.  As soon as I came over and he was up from his nap he very excitedly brought over all my gifts and proceeded to help me unwrap them.  He was so thrilled with his generosity and involvement, I could have cried from the sweetness.  In the video, after everything is unwrapped he stands back proudly and with a large smile on his face exclaims they are all for the baby, the quickly cleaned up the mess of wrapping paper.  Could he get any more perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment