Ahh the joys of pregnancy. I am the worst advocate for pregnancy right now... and if I could would totally use a surrogate for the future babies... this has really been way harder than anticipated. I know it sounds so terrible, and in theory it would be amazing if I could be tough girl that smiled and said everything was fine while I was falling apart... but no can do. Pregnancy has kicked me in the pants my first trimester. Never have I ever experienced so much sickness and discomfort at ALL times of EVERY day. I will say, it is extremely amazing how much the woman's body becomes the vessel for baby to be. It becomes quite obvious your body is no longer yours, but completely surviving for the well being of your little growing baby. That bit of information actually makes me happy and proud to have this experience, however it does not change the day to day living.
On that note, I have to vent. I am not a vomiter. Never have been. However this does not mean my nausea during this terrible time has been less because of the lack of vomit than had I had my head in the toilet. How can I be so sure? Because in the second month of morning sickness fun... vomiting began. And oddly enough- the nausea was not nearly as bad as it was without vomiting, the gagging reflex just decided to kick in. I can't tell you how many women have told me I am not in as much discomfort as they were just because I don't throw up every day I am feeling like crap. I should be grateful I am so lucky. I have no clue what other's discomfort is like, but you also dont know mine, so...It has to be said... don't take away or belittle my struggles, you have no freaking clue. For all you know I could be 100 times more uncomfortable than you, our bodies just react differently.
Alrighty.. that was pretty. Now onto a more dignified way of thinking. Needless to say, being sick so much has kept poor Nate and I in lock down in our home non stop for months. I think we were both just about to loose our minds from boredom when things started to ease up and I was having good days sprinkled in the mix- major relief. It has been SO nice to start reconnecting with friends and getting things done around the house. It is amazing how much I missed myself.
One such activity was family photos. This was a last minute decision as I was not sure I would make it through a photo shoot, but thankfully was having a great day the day of the shoot and it turned out to be a fun afternoon. Here are a few of our favorites...
.jpg)
Oh, hun! You poor thing! I completely agree, nausea without vomit is much, much worst than just letting it out. Let's pray that the 3rd trimester is kinder to you.
ReplyDeletePregnancy is such a rough gig, no doubt about it! I am sorry you have been feeling so awful, hoping you get some relief soon!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures turned out so wonderful Haydee! Parker is such a cutie! Baby Smith is grateful he has such a sacrificing mother!
ReplyDelete