Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Oregon

Nate and I were lucky enough to get to the Rose Bowl for the second time in a row this year.  We have become die hard Badger fans I guess.  Too bad they keep loosing the final rose!  The two of us took our chances playing the secondary market and really lucked out.  Long story short (sprinkled in with some of my ticket brokering skills) we drove to the Rose Bowl with 50 yrd line 5th row tickets and a up close parking pass in hand, only spending $10 total over face value.  I mean... that is some serious skills. 

We loved the game.  I always get a bit of a faster heart rate when I am surrounded by fellow Wisconsin folk outside of WI.  I have been living away from home for almost 10 years now (Omgoodness I cant believe that... I am getting so old to be able to say that) so when I am surrounded by my kind a comforting, nostalgic feeling always rushes over me.  I guess you can take the girl out of WI but not the WI out of the girl.  And I am grateful for that.

1 comment: