Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Babymoon! - Ojai Style

Nate and I were set and ready to go to Cabo (trip had been planned and paid for months ago), but the days prior to our trip I started cramping a lot.  I was sure it was just growing pains, but was up all night two nights before and wanted to be checked before I traveled international.  My doctor, who is usually VERY relaxed, showed some concern, did some tests and advised it best to not travel far.  So the day before we were set to leave, as we were waiting for the test results to come back, we scattered trying to find an option B.  We looked in the OC, Santa Barbara, thought about Palm Springs, and landed on a new spot.  We quickly booked a great room at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and repacked the bags for a new kind of vacation.

I was so worried we would regret not going on our Mexico trip.  The doctor assured me over and over we did the right thing to come and see her, and was convincing with her request that we stay close to home.  However, I don't ever want to be one of those people that is so cautious they end up being too cautious and miss out on life.   I thought this could have been one of those times, but knew being a responsible mother (and of course following doctors orders- no brainer) was the thing to do.  Luckily, Ojai not only met all of the relaxation needs we had, it surpassed all other expectations and we were completely rejuvenated and revived.  The resort was packed with the most friendly and helpful staff, your needs were anticipated before you could even imagine them and we were pampered every second. 

We made a promise not to make schedules or have expectations of our time, and were somehow able to do just that.  We laid out, played in the pool on floaties, sat on benches around the golf course watching golfers and talking.  Took leisure walks around the beautiful resort.  Ate great food.  Bicycle rode into town.  Went to a farmers market.  Made smores around a bonfire.  Breakfast on our balcony looking over an incredible view.  Ate cheese and fruits outside.  Had spa treatments.  It was heaven on earth.
I am bummed this picture did not come out better.  The focus was not on us and it is a bit blurred, but a memory I want for the books either way. 
 
Bare belly!!  There was something so liberating about being at the pool, barely dressed with a huge stomach, weighing more than I ever have.  I LOVED it, felt so feminine.
 
Breakfast by the pool with our spoils from a morning farmers market run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment